Trousdale, D. Wayne
D. Wayne Trousdale is the elected Secretary-Treasurer for the Citizen Potawatomi Nation, a position he has held for nearly two decades. The Secretary-Treasurer serves within the Executive Branch of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation, which also includes the offices of Chairman and Vice Chairman.
He is a native of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, and a graduate of Pauls Valley High School. He currently resides in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
He was the Executive Chairman and President of Cedar Creek, LLC, a $1.5 billion wholesale distribution company of lumber and building materials. Cedar Creek was founded in Oklahoma City in 1977 as a single location operation and had expanded its operation to 31 locations in 32 states prior to his resignation. He left the office after negotiating the sale of the company in 2018. As a significant stockholder, he also sits on the board of directors at Cedar Creek, LLC. He is now the senior partner at Darby Financial Group in Oklahoma City.
Mr. Trousdale has been active in and financially supported various community and civic organizations. These encompass many causes, from feeding the homeless and underprivileged, to serving youth as a board member of a Christian camp, to providing counseling for both individual and business finance.
He served on the board of directors for the Safari Club International and as banquet chairman for the Sportsmen Against Hunger, which raised approximately $200,000 for the underprivileged. Mr. Trousdale volunteers for the Thanksgiving meal that provides free meals for the homeless. He believes in helping youth grow in Christ and has given countless time and energy to the promotion of youth services for Christ at the Pettijohn Springs Christian Camp in Madill, Oklahoma, and the Church of Christ.
• The University of Oklahoma, Bachelor of Science in Finance
• Board Member – First National Bank & Trust Co.
• Elected Secretary-Treasurer – Citizen Potawatomi Nation Tribal Legislature
• Board Member of Rodeo Cinema – a non-profit cinema for education and entertainment
• Past Member – Oklahoma Lumber Association Board of Directors
• Past Member – Board of Directors and Finance Committee of the North American Wholesale Lumber Association
• Past Board Member – St. Gregory’s University
• Past Board Member – Safari Club International
• Past Board Member – Lloyd Noble Center Renovation Board
• Past Board Member – Board of Directors of Pettijohn Springs Christian Camp
• Past Member – St. Gregory’s Abbey Business Advisory Council
Assumed Office: June 2002, Secretary-Treasurer
In Office: Present day
Preceded by: Gene Bruno
Succeeded by: N/A