Welcome to the Potawatomi Heritage Center Classroom. Citizen Potawatomi Nation is dedicated to keeping our heritage alive by equipping teachers with the tools needed to educate future generations.
Citizen Potawatomi Nation Course Content Standards
The Nation strives to uphold these Course Content Standards in all our educational material. We ask that anyone who would like to teach about Potawatomi history or culture read these standards to understand the Citizen Potawatomi approach to education.
- Creation Story Lesson introduces students to where the Potawatomi come from.
- Trail of Death Lesson tells students how the Potawatomi were removed from our homelands.
- Potawatomi Food Lesson encourages students to think about how environment shapes food sources.
- Potawatomi Gatherings Lesson explains why it’s so special the different Potawatomi nations gather each year.
- Potawatomi Language Lesson explores language revitalization and its relationship to culture in a modern context. (Click here for the additional material download)
- Citizen Potawatomi Government Lesson invites students to explore tribal civics.
Interested in creating your own lesson? Use the Trail Camera Gallery to explore animals on CPN lands.
Questions? Concerns? Would you like to book professional development? Contact us!